INTERNATIONAL YEAR OF SUSTAINABLE TOURISM FOR DEVELOPMENT-2017
This forum will be a unique opportunities for students to broaden their perspectives, draw connections across disciplines and put learning into action by engaging in live projects. They will also be able to recognize and appreciate that the diversity of our people and their ideas is our greatest strength. We must be accepting of each others differences. It is very important for us to embrace diversity and be sensitive towards people who we incorrectly perceive to be different from us.
2ND FLOOR COORIDOR
SANSKRITIK DHAROHAR --- INDIA UNEXPLORED
INDIA-a place of human journey through mind and soul, the realm of self discovery and realization, land of mysteries and mystics, abode of gods and goddess, rich in natural beauty with the wealth of lush green mountain slopes, barren hills , rippling rivers, murmuring mazy waterways, whispering forests, silent desert, vast coast line and golden beaches, river deltas and six seasons.
· To depict various corners of India—a Kavyanjali will be enacted by the students.
· The whole passage will be decorated with large panels on which various images of scenic beauty of India, Indian arts and culture, her contribution to ayurveda & astronomy will be shown.
· India’s recent mission ---- MISSION MARS will be portrayed with the help of live project and model of MOM
Mrs. Sushma Pandey
Mrs. Mona Virmani
Mrs. Seema Sharma
OCTAVE-THE WHISTLING WOODS
(Celebrating the north east)
An array of activities showcasing the need to promote sustainable tourism –to minimize its environmental impact and to maximize socio-economic well being will be conducted. These activities may include the following / and others:-
· Voices from the North East- eco thoughts in poetry
· Orchestra Northeast
· Medley song dance performance / folk dance
· Display of artefacts of Northeast
· Display of brochures and coffee table book
· Power point presentation
· Decoration of bulletin board Class Teacher
Dr. Rachna Sharma
SHANTI NKETAN—ABODE OF PEACE
· Introduction of Gurudev Rabindernath Tagore
· Aims and objectives of Shanti niketan will be told by students. A nice blend of modern and ancient teachings
· Class wil be decorated with models of vidya bhawan, kala bhawan, sangeet bhawan & shri niketan.
· Vasant utsav will be shown in which vasant mela will be highlighted.
Mrs Nisha Sharma
THE BARD IN BOLLYWOOD
· Brief account of Shakespeare
· Relationship between Shakespeare and bollywood: Bard’s influence on Hindi cinema due to its roots in Parsi theatre of Bombay
· Mention of various adaptations of Shakespeare.
· Universality of Shakespeare’s writings
· Shakespearean characters depicting varied emotions: comparison to Indian navrasas.
· Enactment of a scene from ‘ Julius Caesar’ to portray bhayanaka rasa (fear)and veera rasa (courage)
· Enactment of a scene from ‘Hamlet’ to showcase karuna rasa (sorrow) and raudra rasa (anger)
· Amalgamation of ‘Hamlet’ and the bollywood movie ‘Haider’—dance on Bismil.
· Shakespearean quotes and writings – give lesson of life and inspire us.
· Relevance in 21st century
Class teacherMrs. Lata
· Two poems of William Wordsworth (Daffodils) and Alfred Lord Tennyson’s(Brook) depicting nature would be enacted in the class
· A short skit highlighting the bounties of nature would be played. Special reference would be given to the recently given warning by eminent scientist Stephan Hawking
· Models and charts related to the topic would be displayed.
· And finally enlightenment along with rthym in nature would be presented.
· Values of love, peace and brotherhood would be shown.
Mrs. Anupma Sood
SANSKRITI—PRAKRITI & VIKRITI
· Scenic beauty of nature will be shown by models of trees, mountains etc.
· Through small skit , the evolution of mankind will be shown
· This will be followed by a poem and song that will show the result ie. Vikriti
· The whole theme will be shown in three layers in the form of images on the bulletin board- the past , present and future of mankind
Mrs. Ritu Jain
MOVING TO SPACE
With a view to generate excitement about science and promote its endless possibilities students will be creating a plethora of working models of solar sysem, space,rockets, satellites and missiles.
· The exhibition will commence with introductory song on the planets and stars
· A skit will effectively bring out the contents of the universe.
· Dance number related to universe—‘taro se saj ke……’
Mrs. Rashmi Singh
(A self made entrepreneur)
This darkly humorous Man Booker prize winning novel tells the story of corruption and class struggle in India, seen through the eyes of village boy Balram halwai. On his way to top , he transcends his caste to become a successful entrepreneur.
· Dramatization / enactment of the story
· Power point presentation depicting the genre, theme, characters and message of the story
· Speech by students on the theme of the story and its relevance in present modern world
· Musical / dance presentation by students.
Mrs. Bhavna Chopra
PRESENTATIONS BY STUDENTS
RESULTS OF EXPO PRESENTATION
1ST 7E Ms SUMAN HASTIR BHAKTI KAL- GOLDEN ERA OF HINDI SAHITYA
2ND 7D Ms JYOTI GUGLANI THE ARCHITECTURAL SPLENDOUR HAMPI
1ST 8F Ms RITU CHAUDHARY INCREDIBLE INDIA
2ND 8B Ms SHRUTI GOYAL COTTAGE INDUSTRY
1ST 9A Ms RENU GROVER JOURNEY OF MATHEMATICS
2ND 9D Ms NISHA SHARMA SHANTI NIKETAN